Sunday, June 14, 2009

PERFUMES

I think I should title this as, "An Ode to my favourite perfume", or to make it more fancier, "An Ode to Poison". But I dont want to lose hope yet.

This is a weakness which I always had. I love perfumes – musky, floral, zingy, lingering types of perfumes but not Oudh. I could never make myself to like Oudh even though I have come across some good ones too.

From the time I started working, even though I used to think very practically on my spending, I would always splurge on a perfume.

Coming the Gulf gave me the luxury of going for the best without having to worry about the cost. The one perfume which I discovered here and never got bored since then is Christian Dior’s Poison (which came in a green round bottle). But sadly to my disappointment they stopped manufacturing it and I don’t know the reason for this drastic decision, yet.

So I switched my signature perfume for another one which caught my fancy and saved the empty Poison bottle as a remembrance among those that passed through certain phases of my life and adorned my dressing table now.

Today, after I got dressed, I saw my old perfume bottle and on a whim decided to squeeze out the few drops remaining inside.

I left for office and got to work right away. Towards the middle of the day, I still felt fresh in my mind and found myself being more productive than I have been for a long long time amidst my still increasing workload. Its only when I stopped and wondered about the change in me, that I got a waft of my favourite perfume surrounding me like a guardian angel, if it can be compared to that.

I didn’t know that using a long forgotten signature perfume could make me feel like I found my lost self. I decided to work on that bit of hope and search the shops again to see if I can find one more bottle of my favourite perfume abandoned by somebody.

2 comments:

  1. That was a lovely post....reminded me of my love for the Nivea fragrance, 'coz my parents use Nivea cream regularly...so whenever I come across a whiff of Nivea, I feel calm, secure :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vow! That was so deep Ganga. I mean if you were able to comprehend the exact feeling when you get certain perfumes.

    ReplyDelete