We chatted, gossiped or disclosed secrets – my sister and I
We consoled, stood up, fought for each other – my sister and I
The only rare thing which we did in glee – my sister and I
Was, our forbidden but unusual trips to the market.
There was a sidewalk which deviated onto a quiet residential street
In awe we stood a moment on our unusual trips to the market – my sister and I
Drinking in the simplicity of the street with trees on either side:
“I wish we had a house on this street” said – my sister and I
Years later by coincidence my husband did buy our first house on that street
But we didn’t have the freedom to visit each other there – my sister and I.
Stella,
ReplyDeleteThis is great!
Love,
Darla
Oh, that was poignant! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you, for your kind comment on my blog :-) I will keep your suggestion in mind the next time I write a poem! Thanks a lot.
thanks darla and Writerzblock. Writerzblock, I must say I used to be like you before; scared of the dark and ghosts. Not anymore. But your poem put forth the exact feeling. I am not sure I would have liked to experience the tangible feeling but I did feel it once in a completely different dream. I woke up and lay awake for a looong time because it was sooo real.
ReplyDelete