Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My first published work in black and white in the book called “Mosaic” launched at the College of North Atlantic in Qatar last evening.

QATAR

A desert in the geography of the world
Taught me more than I would have, if I travelled the world.

The heat taught me perseverance
The frequent landscapes on roadsides & roundabouts – a dare to heat’s severance
A reflection of the land’s proud inheritance.

Rules and Obedience taught me, brings peace & harmony
A silent testimony, of this land’s pursuit to remove disharmony.

Can nature be contained as fast as the growing skyline in this rich desert?
Yes we still have the sun and moon, stars and sea, rain and wind – all in its own measure.
A thanksgiving for each of nature’s unraveling treasure:
The open heart to different cultures add to the list –
Tolerance and patience to understand human nature.

Each person comes with a purpose to fulfill, in this world,
I came face to face with mine when I stepped into this world.

Strangely being here and now taught me patriotism
Yet not to stick to favouritism.

The character this country helped build in me was crowned with the quality to give
Back to this land something in return
For that is life – you always come in a full circle – even if you miss some turns.

7 comments: